Friday, June 1, 2012

Week 2, Day 12

Happy Friday! Except that I am not going home and get to spend time with my family :-(
With a 13 hour time difference, there is only a very small window of opportunity to communicate. My wife has been working extra hard at home to run the household without me. Thank you and I miss you very much.

SCC team started the day with another checkpoint meeting to ensure that we are on schedule. We've been helping and reviewing each other's contents to make sure we are all aligned with the recommendations. By the way, have you ever tried to get 6 people to agree on something word by word?

Today's lunch was special as it was hosted by the mayor at a very nice Korean restaurant in Cheongju. I lost count after 10 courses.... I sat next to Mayor Han and it was fun listening to his personal stories.

 

When we got to our working room at city hall, this vase with flowers was sitting on top of our work table. It's from City's Accounting department thanking the SCC team for their hard work. Wow, this was a total surprise for us and made our day!!


Since it's Friday, we ended the day around 4pm. It's finally good to have some free down time. So, I took a short nap before dinner. The only problem was that I ate more than this one plate full of food.



By now, it's Friday morning in Washington, DC. So, I am planning to leave Cheongju for few hours (at least in my mind) and get the other work done.

p.s. I know K-POP is very popular in Korea. But, for those younger folks, I wonder how you feel about a song like this by Cat Stevens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0TInLOJuUM&feature=related


2 comments:

  1. Your blog is a huge hit here in Cheongju Korea.^^ I appreciate your effort in summarizing your daily schedule and your feeling. I hope you had a good memory and pride from your homeland Korea during the rest of your stay here in Cheongju. All the city officials cheer for IBM SCC project.^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mr Lee. It has been a wonderful experience for all of us. We have one more week to make more lifetime memories.

    ReplyDelete