Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week 2, Day 14

Today started off pretty casual. I had a light breakfast at the hotel and later headed to the fitness center. As the only scheduled event was Mayor's dinner, everyone had a free day for a change. The hotel's fitness center was very nice. In fact, it has an indoor golf practice area that was equipped with golf swing analyzer. So, I took this perfect opportunity to improve my golf swing. I am hoping my golf instructor back in the U.S. will be impressed when I see her next time. I was Big Shooter in this cartoon.


The fitness center also had a sauna in Korean style which really means a birthday suit. The place was totally empty so it was fine except the fact that I had to be extra careful as I was moving around the facility. Anyway, I felt relaxed and was ready eat some lunch. So, I headed to a food court.


Yesterday, I told my wife that I had bought presents for Michael & Eddie. But, of course she couldn't keep a secret so Michael & Eddie wanted to see what I had bought. Here they are: Angry Bird pencil cases.

I also bought a mini Korean jar for my wife.

Later in the afternoon, we headed to Mayor Han's residence. After we were warmly greeted by the mayor and his wife, we all sat down by the picnic table.






BBQ Beef

 Apparently the mayor likes to ride bicycles. Pictured below is an electric bicycle.

In addition to being a "Smart Dresser" (if you don't know what that means, you will need to refer to my older post Week 1, Day 3), the mayor has a specialty drink called Mayor Han's Cocktail. I can't disclose what goes into it though, but everyone drank one and a few more.

As we were all having a good time, the moon started to peak out along with bell tolling from a near by temple.



 As we were wrapping up, City's director general gave a small gift to each of us in advance as he will be out of town all next week.


The team really enjoyed this outdoor dinner. We like to thank those who helped to make this event possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment