Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Week 3, Day 17

Today was an uneventful but was a very long day. We spent ALL DAY finalizing the presentation slides and the detail recommendation document. By 10pm, the team finally declared completion of both documents. We will be presenting the final recommendations to the Mayor & team.

As I reflect the last 2.5 weeks in Cheongju, there are many fond memories that I will be leaving with. Before this project, I never knew where Cheongju was. Now, I do. Before this project, I never knew of a single person from Cheongju. Now, I know many. In fact, I am so impressed with their genuine kindness, friendship, and work ethic, I wish I will have a chance to repay my gratitude in the future.

Since I didn't get to take any pictures today to share, here are some pictures of my home town Vienna, VA which is near Washington, DC.




Below is a map of Washington, DC area Subway system called Metro. There are several rail lines all feeding into downtown Washington, DC. During typical rush hours, rail cars are generally full. As my house is near the Orange Line (last station on left called Vienna), I simply walk or drive to the Vienna metro station and take Metro into downtown DC. Other riders also take public buses to this station and catch the Metro as car traffic is heavy and parking cost is quite high.







No comments:

Post a Comment